MacGregor State School have set
up twelve wireless laptop classes that operate on an one laptop to one
student initiative that use digital pedagogies across the key learning
In a culture where students are digital natives, it is required that educators
respond and embrace the needs of the growing digital culture with a digital
environment where students learning are immersed in ICT's.
In the creation of such an environment it is expected that the benefits of
having a one to one laptop student ratio will encourage:
- emphasis on individual student learning
- student motivation - increased engagement by students taking
greater pride and ownership of their learning.
- access to a wider range of online learning resources
- interaction with the wider community
- active inquiry based learning - explore tasks, critical thinking
and informed decision making
- involvement in real life tasks
- multi-sensory stimulation
- develop discipline and managerial tasks
- the link between school and home relations.
The classes have been set up with each
student having their own laptop which connects wirelessly to the school network
and all the online resources and software that has to offer. This incorporates
internet access to the web. Teachers deliver lessons immersing ICTs in a range
of curriculum areas and have anInteractive LCD Panel for
the electronic learning of their class.
The students begin the Laptop digital experience in five Year 4 classes.
This cohort then in the following years move through the Year 5, Year 6