Welcome to MacGregor State
School and thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at our school.
MacGregor State School is an Enrolment Managed School. This means that all students who live within the local catchment area and are eligible for the enrolment in a state primary school, can apply for enrolment at MacGregor State School.
It is very important that you read and familiarise yourself with our school policies and procedures. We ask families to read these prior to the interview to assit with the enrolment process. The policies and procedures can be found on this website.
All enrolment forms are available from the school's website. We do not keep copies at the office.
Enrolling at MacGregor in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1 - The Enrolment Process
- Years 1-6 Complete the application pack. The student will be placed on the waiting list.
- Families will be contacted by MacGregor State School if the school has a vacancy when an out-of-catchment enrolment becomes available, usually in Term 4.
- All Expression of Interest Applications will remain on the waiting list until school commences the following year.
All enrolment forms must be submitted to the school office. When submitting the application, please come prepared with the correct documentation in order for the application to be processed efficiently.
Parents or legal guardians who wish to enrol their child at the school will need to demonstrate that the student's principal place of residence is within the catchment area. Current proof of residency at the address indicated can be provided by way of one of each of the following:
- One primary source – a current lease agreement, or rates notice, or unconditional sale agreement, and
- One secondary source – a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas) showing this same address and parent's/ legal guardian's name
The following documents will be accepted as proof of residency:
- Utility bills (e.g. water bill) or a series of bills at the same address over a sequential period to demonstrate continued/ongoing residency
- Electoral Roll verification letter
- Mobile phone statement (with current address details)
- Driver's Licence (with current address details)
- Bank statement (with current address details; financial details are not required)
- Tax Assessment Notice (financial details are not required)
- Documents demonstrating recent change of address / relocation to within the school's catchment area (e.g. proof of sale or termination of lease for the previous principal place of residence in a different catchment).
If the Principal is not satisfied that the documentation provided demonstrates adequately that the address stated in the student's principal place of residence, then the Principal may request further sources of proof of residence showing the same address.
The Principal may also request a properly sworn Statutory Declaration from the enrolling parent or legal guardian attesting that the student's principal place of residence is the place nominated in the enrolment application. Any enrolment application supported only by a Statutory Declaration, will be conditionally accepted until reviewed and approved by the Principal.
Applicants should note that a false statement/ assertion about the student's principal place of residence may amount to an offence and may be reported to police. The school Principal may repeal a decision to enrol a student in such circumstances.
- Photo ID of parent/guardian enrolling
- Driver's Licence
- Medicare card if student's surname is different from the enrolling parent
- Australian Birth Certificate OR Passport for the student (If not transferring from a Qld State School)
- Passport for the student born overseas
- Visa details for overseas students
- Two most recent Report Cards (Years 1 to 6)
Step 3 – Enrolment Interview
Each prospective family will be invited to participate in the enrolment interview.
During the interview, we will:
- Discuss the details on the enrolment application
- Complete an enrolment agreement
- Discuss the school's current rules, policies, programs, fees and services
- Organise the uniforms and discuss uniform expectations
- Organise stationery and books